Monday, May 7, 2012

The TANK soap cutter!

So I have been making approximately 50 lbs of soap per week for the past month or so in preparation for the upcoming farmer's market season (and the few craft fairs and festivals I have signed on to do this summer).  Etsy sales have been steady so I am in full-on production mode!  While I love making the soap, I admit that cutting it all up the next day was getting old.  After that first gratifying cut, I would be dreaming of a better way...

After much consideration, research and recommendations, I decided to invest in a professional soap cutter.  I settled on the The Tank from http://www.forcraftssake.com/.  It was not cheap and it took over a month to receive it...but it was well worth the wait!

Here it is - ready and waiting to take on my 4lb. log of day old soap!


The wires cut perfect 1 inch bars...not quite as easy as it looks though.  I was surprised that you really do need to put a little muscle into it...especially with my gelled soaps which tend to harden up much faster than the honey & goat's milk soaps.

Perfect!!


I'm not sure how much time this thing is saving me, but let's just say that my laundry is already done for the day!  Amazing!


So would I recommend The Tank??  Definitely!  But be prepared to wait a while...the company cannot keep these in stock and has to make them to order.  Now I have no idea how I ever lived without this cutter!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! It sounds like The Tank will be a great investment for you. I make small batches for myself and my family, so I cut them by hand. But if I were producing a lot of large batches, this would be a very handy time saver! Best of luck to you at your upcoming farmer's markets and craft shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower from BellasBNS Etsy team. That looks like a great time saver!

    ReplyDelete